Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5

Today, I received back one answer to one of my messages, this from an acquaintance who I asked whether I could befriend him. He told me to do so on Facebook, as he doesn't use Friendster anymore. He also said that he was really pretty tired of the whole social networking thing, which I completely understand. After all, in my very first entry, I noted how I barely even use such networks. The real joy used to be looking at the random occasional profile, but now that so many people are moving to Facebook and that feature isn't all that easy to use (the person has to be in your network to begin with and then you have to "poke" them), that little joy is gone. And beyond that, I really don't particularly want to hang out on such a network. I'd rather resort to good old e-mail, or to real face contact. You know, something personal rather than just some five-word message on a board. I'm beginning to really get tired out in my cause to make Friendster great again among my peer group. This is why I would never be good at sales.

But here are the figures so far. Today, I Friendster-messaged one friend, wrote to one complete stranger, and replied to the person who wrote yesterday. This brings my total counts to as follows: Seven Friendster friends written, one reply; four acquaintances written or added as friends, one reply; two invitation extended, no replies; two strangers written, no replies.

Can I keep taking this much rejection? I must. Only twenty-five more days. Twenty-five. Not even close to half.

No comments:

Post a Comment