Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 18

It's desperate times here. I've hit the Friendster friends I barely know, but I'm writing them anyway. I'm writing folks I have seen around town, years ago, who have moved away, who I never know. I'm writing complete strangers. I'm looking for someone who is doing something on Friendster, someone close by. A search through the local people field shows that some folks have been active in the past week--one I even found had been active in the past twenty-four hours. But click on their profiles, and the profile is "private." Bummer. I'm being locked out, man. That's what I think is happening. It's not that people aren't using Friendster. It's that people are ignoring me on Friendster. There's likely a whole world of folks using this thing, intent on seeing me out of the network. Well, it's not going to happen. Not for another twelve days at least. So tough.

Today's totals: twenty Friendster friends written, two replies; thirteen acquaintances written or added as friends, one reply; five invitations extended, one acceptance; twenty strangers written, no replies; three profile views; two added friends. How do you make an emoticon for tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment