Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 3

Today's results: zero returned messages; zero added friends. In fact, I have it on good authority that one person, after getting my invite to Friendster, simply deleted it. "Too busy," she said. Hmmm, yeah, okay.

So today, I've contacted three other people. I wrote to a friend who recently moved from town to find out how he was doing. Sure, I could have e-mailed or even used MySpace, but why not go back to the original network? I'm waiting to hear how he's doing. And reminding him to update that profile.

Then, I contacted another guy I know, asking if I could add him as a friend. I don't know his last name. Shameful, really, since I've known him and his girlfriend for quite some time. But really, we never had reason to use our last names. He likely won't answer for a few more days, since they're on vacation.

And finally, I did it. I wrote to a complete stranger. She's a playwright, so maybe I can learn something about writing from her.

And I invited one new friend. We'll see if he's more kind to me than the other. Somehow, I doubt it, since he hasn't even managed to join Facebook yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment