Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 23

E-mailed three more folks today on Friendster, all folks I don't know. I've pretty much given up on finding folks I do know who will actually correspond. Last night, talking with one of my friends to whom I'd sent an invitation, he simply noted his confusion. Why'd you send that to me? Alas, the invitation was trashed without even a look-see at the site.

The totals are now as follows: twenty-three Friendster friends written, two replies; fourteen acquaintances written or added as friends, one reply; five invitations extended, one acceptance; thirty-one strangers written, no replies; three profile views; two added friends.

Yeah, if you get the idea that I'm really kind of looking forward to the end, you're right. I sense that all I'm doing by mailing people, whose profiles are there to be mailed to, is annoying folks. But then, that's what I generally feel like when I go up to total strangers or even sometimes when I go up to friends. Hey, am I annoying you? If I am, I will go away. Better yet, I won't even come over there. Folks think I'm unfriendly. I'm just trying not to be a nuisance. Experiences like this make me think I truly am the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment